Business Events Grant Opportunity
The Australian Government has established an unprecedented $50 million Business Events Grants program to provide financial support and confidence for business to attend and participate at exhibitions and conferences.
The program will support Australian businesses by providing grants between $10,000 and $250,000.
Grant funding covers 2 event scenarios:
- The event goes ahead: Up to 50% of your costs that would be incurred by participating at a pre-approved event.
- Or if the event is cancelled due to COVID-19: The non-refundable costs allocated will be entirely met by the Australian Government, up to the value of the grant provided.
To be eligible to receive funding for either scenario, you need to have submitted your application through the online portal before the grant close date (30 March 2021) and be approved.
Who is this for?
Australian businesses including sole traders.
Examples of Eligible Expenditure
- Delegate and exhibitor registration, travel and accommodation costs
- Exhibition stand design and build costs, furniture and AV hire, freight
- Exhibition floor space cost
- Sponsorship fees
- Branded items and exhibition stand give-aways (eg. branded water bottles)
- Promotional items and collateral, graphic design, printing costs
- Development of a promotional video
- Catering for networking activities as part of exhibiting
Expenditure items that are not eligible are costs incurred prior to the period of the grant opening date (4 January 2021). For exclusions and case study assessments of claims, download the Eligible Expenditure Factsheet from the grant website – this should be read with the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for info on what you can and can’t use the grant for.
When is payment made?
If your application is successful, you’ll receive a written offer. Successful applicants must enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth, which will specify the reporting requirements. 100% of the grant is paid on execution of the grant agreement and you’ll be required to report how you spent the grant funds at the completion of the project.
The 17th ITS Asia Pacific Forum 2021 Brisbane has received accreditation, and is a Pre-Approved Business Event, (your event spend can accumulate over any number of the events listed) – see Schedule of Approved Business Events
More Info – Key Documents
Read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and download the Key Documents available from the grant website: www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/business-events-grants
Open: 4 January 2021
Close: 30 March 2021*
*Note: The program is demand driven and will be open until all funding has been allocated.
Questions about grant applications, eligibility or the program guidelines should be directed to the Business Grants Hub:
Email. [email protected]
Tel. 13 28 46